On Sunday, as I was getting ready to go home from church, I gathered my stuff up and started heading toward the exit, doing that gather-while-you-walk technique as I went. A friend stopped me, so while we visited, I continued rummaging around in my purse for my keys.
(Any girl reading this has probably done this before. You want to find something in your purse while you're doing something else, so you feel around with one hand. But as you get deeper and deeper into the purse, you lean farther and farther over, making it even harder to reach the bottom of the purse, so you keep leaning over. Yeah. It's very smooth.)
Anyway, I rummaged for the duration of the conversation until I was finally too distracted and said, "Where the heck are my keys??" My friend, being a guy, obviously has no experience trying to find things in purses, so he made unhelpful comments like, "Did you check the outside pocket?" Um, duh. I am not stupid. I would know if I'd put my keys in the outside (and decorative) pocket of my purse.
I looked down at the purse to point out to him that keys couldn't even fit in that pocket, when I noticed my right hand.
My keys were in it.
7 months ago
1 comment:
That's almost as good as "throwing them in the dumpster" and making a guy go rooting through it for you.
Post a Comment