Have you ever watched the show Burn Notice? The main character on that show eats a lot of yogurt. It's kind of his thing. We like that show. We eat a lot of yogurt, too.
I've been a Yoplait girl since I was a freshman in college. I remember as a kid, I'd always beg my mom to buy me a yogurt when we rode past them in the grocery store cart. She'd object, "But you never finish it!" and I'd say, "I will!" Then, of course, I wouldn't. So I don't count those yogurts. But in my Clothing the Family Class, the girl I sat with always came in with the coolest yogurt flavors: Key Lime Pie, Orange Creme, and my favorite, Strawberry Cheesecake. I couldn't resist, and I started buying them too.
I got out of the habit after not too long, but now The Black Belt and I always have a stock of yogurt in the fridge. (His favorite is Cherry Orchard, FYI. I stick with my original three, plus Harvest Peach.) We've been happy thus far. But one day, Activa yogurt was on sale. I remember not liking Dannon yogurt (or the generic kind they sold at the food court in college), so there was no reason for me to think I'd like Activa. But it was on sale!
I knew Activa touts itself as being extremely good for you, because of all the "Take the Activa Challenge" commercials they show on TV and crowd into the magazines. I, however, didn't know exactly what the "Activa Challenge" was, since I avoid those commercials as if they themselves are what induce diarrhea. But I decided to take the challenge and wait for my life to improve dramatically.
Sadly, I haven't noticed any amazing health wonders or even not-so-amazing health wonders (like a stronger uvula), so I must conclude that either: 1.) I don't have whatever problem this yogurt is supposed to cure, or 2.) it doesn't really do anything. But My Activa Challenge is not without its own results! I have learned through careful, scientific and objective methodology, that Activa yogurt is actually rather gross. And if you're going to take an Activa Challenge, for the love of Pete, do it with Mixed Berry.
7 months ago
1 comment:
I actually love Activia. Can we still be friends? My nephew who is now 3 went through a phase where all he would eat was yogurt and peanut butter crackers. He LOVED Activia, but they had to switch him to Yoplait because he was going through a bazillion diapers a day. That's right, a bazillion. And yes, this comment is about my nephew pooping a lot. I like to keep it classy when I comment on your blog.
Post a Comment