Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's a Very Roommate Christmas, Savvy?

For the last three years, Duchess, B, and I have celebrated Roommate Christmas together as roommates on some night close to actual Christmas. Just because Duchess moved out last spring doesn't mean we can't still celebrate Roommate Christmas. It's not the holiday's fault she moved.

This year we went out to eat and exchange gifts. We've always done it at home before, but obviously, since we have roommates home now who are not included, it wouldn't be as fun. Or as polite. So we went out. I hadn't had much time previous to that to shop for Christmas presents, so when I found the PERFECT gift for Duchess online, there wasn't much hope that it would get here in time for Roommate Christmas. Just in case, I called a bunch of stores (P.S. If you call Barnes & Noble, you will have to listen to the most annoying message ever before anyone answers), but none of them had it. I felt like this gift was so perfect that it was worth it to get it even though it would arrive late. I didn't want to have nothing for her, though, so I made her a little replica of the book. I didn't really know exactly how I was going to do it, so I just started and added to it until it looked cute. The great thing about Duchess is that she tends to appreciate things like that, and she didn't let me down in this instance. She laughed a lot. She's a great audience.




















I got B a fondue cookbook, because she obtained two fondue pots and loves to use them. She gave me some fancy soap (it smells like mangoes!), and Duchess gave me...a Pirates of the Caribbean book! I kid you not. It's the Pirates of the Caribbean Pop-Up Book, which opens up into a big, 3-D pirate ship with little character paper dolls that can move around the ship. It's pretty sweet. So, I'd say she and I have each other pretty well figured out. ARRRRRRRRR!!!

2 comments:

The Former 786 said...

You should have had me deliver it to her in full costume. ;)

Miss Berrie said...

Um, that would have been MY Christmas present.