Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Living on the Edge

In my bathroom, there is one light fixture, and in that light fixture, there are three lightbulbs. Two of these bulbs have burned out. Being somewhat new in this apartment, I don't know how long ago this occurred. But every time I'm in the bathroom showering, I look at that light fixture and wonder how much longer that lone bulb can hold out. (I don't think about this any other time, of course, because then I might actually do something about it.) It is kind of exciting, though, to look up there and not know how close I am to being plunged into darkness. Only time will tell...

3 comments:

Rebecca J said...

Maybe you should do something about it. It's no fun trying to replace the lightbulb in the morning when you're running super late. Or the alternative: leave the door open while you take a shower.

Megan said...

When I was a kid, my stepdad would express his opinion that my showers were too long by running past the bathroom, reaching through the door, and turning off the lights. So much FUN!!!

You could add even MORE excitement to this shower predicament by attempting to replace the burned-out bulbs while taking a shower! Just think--wet hands, running water, a balance act on the edge of the tub with one hand clinging to the curtain rod...now THAT'S a thrill ride!

Shelli said...

I had this happen. It is quite thrilling to shower in complete and utter darkness until you have the time...and funds, to purchase a 64 cent light bulb.