Friday, September 2, 2011

A Sad Story about Yogurt

When I go to the grocery store, I always buy yogurt to put in The Black Belt's lunches. It used to be $.50, and then it went to $.60. Now it's $.66. Bah. And that's not even the sad story!

Anyway, I typically buy five cups for him in cherry orchard and one for me in strawberry cheesecake. (I don't eat yogurt nearly as often as he does anymore, but, every now then, I want some.) I did this yesterday, even though the price had gone up. Usually it's the end of the week before I think of eating it, but this time I decided to eat it the very next day. I opened the fridge to pull out my strawberry cheesecake, but each one that I grabbed was cherry orchard! At first I thought I was just having bad luck at picking yogurt cups. But after standing there puzzled for a moment, I thought, ".........oh, no."

I went over to the pantry and pulled down my grocery bags (you know, the reuseable kind? I'm just that kind of eco-friend). Of course they were in a wad, so I felt around...and sure enough, there was a yogurt-cup-shaped lump, RIGHT in the middle.

GRRRRRRR.

2 comments:

The Former 786 said...

It's a good thing yogurt doesn't go bad. Right? Wait. . .it does? Uh-oh. I think I need to go see a doctor.

moffthetoff said...

Haha! Amber would be dying right now. Of course, I would say that you could eat it - unless it's been heated it would be fine. Over 62 million people would back me up on this. Of course, they are French, which makes their credibility suspect.
Love ya!