You may have noticed that there has been a lot in the news lately about the "Mormon" Church (actually named The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), its beliefs, its members, etc. I appreciate it when news writers make an effort to report accurate information and even show respect for the people they write about. I understand, though, that when it comes to spiritual matters, those looking through a secular lense may not quite understand what they think they know, and thus, while they are reporting as accurately as they can, the information comes out confused or even untrue.
So the first thing I'd like to say is that if any of you, my friends and readers, come across stories about my church that are hard to understand or seem to paint a negative picture of my beliefs and practices, I hope you will come to me and ask questions. Just as you can't always take for truth headlines about celebritites' marital problems, wild behaviors, and troubled lives, you can't always get the whole picture from an article about us.
The second thing I'd like to share is probably the most important thing for you to know about my beliefs. I do believe in Jesus Christ. I believe He is the Son of God and that He was born, lived, died on the cross, and was resurrected on the third day. I believe that He atoned for our sins so that we can repent and be forgiven. I believe that He is the head of our Church. We are not led by men, but by the Savior Himself. So, in case you have wondered if I am a Christian, let me answer that as clearly as I can: Yes. I absolutely am.
9 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment