Dear Friends, we've made it. It was long, difficult, frustrating, unfulfilling, miserable, and even boring at times...but the semester is over. Thank goodness. It was awful till the last, when, because technical difficulties prevented all the groups from doing their presentations in class, our teacher suggested that maybe we should meet again next Thursday. Um, that would be a, "Negatory."
To commemorate this last week of school, I've collected some of the emails and text messages sent between me and some friends as we struggled to finish our final projects, and I'd like to share them with you now. (Note: This does not include emails sent between my classmates and me. That collection would take pages.)
Friday, April 17 11:02 p.m.
To Amberla. If I'm still wearing these clothes when you get here on Monday, please take me home.
Saturday, April 18 5:42 p.m.
To BJ. I've spent all day at the office, working on homework, and now I'm on an El Azteca run. Wish you could join me.
Tuesday, April 21.
To Duchess: Remember when we used to both be online while we did our homework, and we mostly just talked instead of worked? We had our whole lives ahead of us back then... I miss those days.
From Duchess: I HATE MY LIFE WRITE MY PAPER FOR ME. I think I need a cereal break.
To Duchess: I'm sorry, honey. I hope the cereal helped. If it makes you feel any better, I'm still at the library, and I'm doing a lot of staring and not a lot of writing.
11:23 p.m. To Kenna: I don't think my body believes the caffeine when the caffeine tells it that I'm not tired.
Wednesday, April 22
To Duchess: My paper is on cognitive development. I know very little about cognitive development. I hate my life.
Friday, April 24 8:41 p.m.
To Duchess: I just got to page 9, and I want to run screaming from this assignment, as though I were fleeing a haunted corn maze.
7 months ago
2 comments:
I'm not done with my paper. Who am I going to commiserate with now? :(
Congrats on finishing another semester! I know grad school sucks, I wish I could tell you it was worth it...but I did my masters in communications, so it wasn't. LOL! But I'm sure yours is much more useful/important. Give everyone at the Omni a kick in the shin for me, especially Bronwyn:)
Post a Comment