I found out a couple of weeks ago that my program requires me to get a criminal background check before I do any sort of internship or practicum. How cool is that? Part of that process is having my fingerprints taken, so today I went over to the police to have that done.
I was kind of looking forward to walking around with black-inked fingers all day, but alas, they don't use ink anymore. They have a scanner that prints out your...prints....... Anyway, I probably would've found this really cool had I not specifically been hoping for inked fingertips. But the scanning began, and after one attempt, the girl doing them exclaimed, "Wow, your fingerprints are NOT distinguishable!" In fact, it took her 12 tries to get a useable print of my left pinkie.
The last thing I need is to add another item to my list of flaws, so I refused to feel self-conscious about my indistinguishable fingerprints. Instead, I recognized the world of opportunity that has opened to me with my new knowledge. So what if this internship doesn't work out? Now I have a plan B!
I could be a cat burglar.
7 months ago
4 comments:
You are awesome....cat burglar...ha!
Whenever people ask "If you could commit a crime, what would it be?" I say I'd want to steal priceless artifacts from museums. You know, with the black leather and the lasers and the dropping silently from a ceiling skylight and all that. So, if I ever need to resort to a life of crime, JOIN ME!!!
On another note, I went to get a pedicure before my wedding, and the girl who did it gave me a foot/leg massage of sorts. And right in the middle of it, she stopped and asked, "Do you actually walk ANYWHERE? You have muscle tone, but it's, like, all in the wrong places. Do you tap your foot a lot or something?" Um, EXCUSE me?!? Could you be any RUDER??? So I have chicken legs. So what? Jerk.
I'm with you on that, but what would we do with the priceless artifact? I guess I could put it on the coffee table, but then it might block the TV when I'm lying on the couch. *sigh* Maybe crime just isn't for me...
Hi Miss Berrie! This is me, posting WAY too late after your request for audience participation-- but I just wanted you to know that I'm not a total blog stalker-- you know that I read yours, right? :)
Post a Comment