One of the biggest blessings about my time home this summer was that I got to be there for the birth of my sister's first baby, who is my first niece. There is something so special that it can't be put into words about seeing one's sister become a mother. We got to visit the very day little EmJ was born, and despite the trauma of the ordeal she'd just been through, my sister looked radiant--a look which hasn't since left. Little EmJ is tiny and precious, and I'm so happy that she is part of our family.
When my nephews were born, I wasn't at home, so I didn't get to meet them for months, but I got to spend the first several days of EmJ's life with her, helping my sister and her husband with meals and running errands. I know she won't remember any of this when she's older, but the bond has been made, and I already can't wait to see her again.
Here's a picture of us together.
3 comments:
Very cute! Congrats to you and your sister.
Aww, we'll make sure that EmJ knows her Aunt Berrie. :) Love you!
Cutest. picture. ever.
Post a Comment