Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Swearing on TV Poll

I am taking a little survey for my own curiosity. Please vote in my poll!

I'd love it if you'd use this post to comment as well, if you'd like to share why you answered the way you did, your feelings about the topic, or even if you find the poll choices insufficient. If you have comments that you would rather not be shared with my readers (all seven of them...), you can email me, or just mention in your comment that you'd prefer I not post it, and I won't! I'm happy to oblige; I simply want to know what you think.

Thanks, and happy voting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever seen South Park? What would that show be without gratuitous profanity?! In all seriousness though, If I don't agree with something presented on a television show I change the channel. I'm a fan of the first ammendment. I don't want the thought police coming around me any time soon that's for sure.

ambrosia ananas said...

In the last few years, I've shifted from being bothered by most swearing to the opposite. What bothers me now is less the language and more the delivery. Swearing that is done in a threatening or degrading manner makes my skin crawl, swearing that is excessively juvenile annoys me, everything else is fine. One could certainly argue that most swearing falls into those categories, but what I mean is swearing that is directed at someone, with implications of harm or attacks them for what they are (women, people of a different race or culture, etc.), and swearing that is repeated simply out of a fascination with swearing.