I know I'm terribly late on this post, but many people have asked what I thought of the newest Harry Potter movie, knowing that I am a Harry Potter, well, fanatic.
So here's how I felt about it: I didn't hate it. That's more than I can say for some of the movies, so it's almost a ringing endorsement, comparatively. Basically, I walked out of the theater thinking, "Ok, at least they didn't totally ruin it." I still have a HUGE problem with the way they portray Dumbledore. He would never, ever, ever, ever, ever say to Harry, "Do as I say." Dumbledore had way more respect for Harry than that. Also, I have to take issue with Bellatrix LeStrange. The Bellatrix in the movies is, like, psycho, and why, oh why, was she whispering seductively in her nephew's ear?? Gross. The Bellatrix in the books is a cold-blooded master of magic, with eyes only for The Dark Lord. She desires him alone and is simply evil--not crazy. But these gripes are not specific to the sixth movies, so I digress.
In this movie, there was one scene that was completely made up, and I have no idea why they added it. There's nothing--NOTHING--in any book that it could have been a reference to in the slightest, AND it made me further dislike the Bellatrix character. She would never have hidden from two teenagers. *rolls eyes* But besides that, they were basically true to the book, other than leaving things out, which I realize movies have to do. Even though it ticks me off.
7 months ago
2 comments:
Yes! I wondered why the heck they even added that scene. I did love it though (overall).
I heard they changed the ending. No big battle, no invisibility cloak, no stunning spell.
Is this true?
Post a Comment