Saturday, January 22, 2011

Five Things I've Learned Recently from the Internet

  1. The guy who played Max Detweiler on The Sound of Music also voiced the caterpillar in Disney's Alice in Wonderland.
  2. The vodka in vodka cream sauce is added merely for flavor, so if you don't want to use alcohol (which I don't), you can just leave it out without having to substitute anything.
  3. Contestants on the show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego who actually "caught Carmen" won a trip to anywhere in the continental United States (later changed to anywhere in North America). The show paid for airfare for the contestant, a parent, and a guest, as well as a week in a luxury hotel and a rental car, plus extra cash for spending.
  4. When you're reading an article online, and suddenly it gives you a "Read more" link, that is called a "jump break."
  5. Dutch the Clutch from Psych (season 3, episode 3) was NOT played by Wolf from American Gladiators. I was wrong. And disappointed.

1 comment:

The Former 786 said...

I always wanted to win Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. . .I didn't even care about the prize. I just wanted to put all those flashing lights where they belong.