As I perused the news today, I caught a headline that I found rather startling. "Drug Prices to Plummet in Wave of Expiring Patients."
Yikes!! I clicked the link, of course, to find out what drugs were killing off waves of people so much that the demand had decreased enough to cause their prices to "plummet." I was even more surprised to see a picture of an older couple relaxing on their porch swing, as if waiting for their inevitable kicking of the bucket. I read that they had been taking Lipitor, a cholesterol fighter, and I made a mental note to watch out for that one. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw a sentence that said something about the magnitude of this wave of expiring patients is unprecedented, and I couldn't believe that this article was written in such a calm, "no-point-in-making-such-a-fuss-about-it" sort of way! Doesn't this author CARE that countless people are apparently dropping like flies??
Then I read the headline again, this time a little more carefully. It said, "Drug Prices to Plummet in Wave of Expiring Patents."
Oh. .....Never mind.
7 months ago
1 comment:
Hahahaha...awesome.
Post a Comment