Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Letters from Duchess and the Duchess

Yesterday I got something in the mail from my old roommate, Duchess. We usually email or text, so getting mail from her is an uncommon occurrence. However, what made that day's mail quite remarkable was that I also got mail from another Duchess--The Duchess of Cambridge, to be precise.

I'm not going to lie--this is one of the coolest things that's ever happened to me. I am a HUGE admirer of Her Royal Highness, so this letter is very special to me. I hope you will understand, then, why I am not publishing its contents on my blog. Our "correspondence" was not simply fan mail telling Catherine how much I like her hair (but seriously, could I even express how much I like her hair? It's gorgeous.), but rather deep admiration for her embodiment of values that I hold dear, and (what seems to be) her genuine appreciation of my "words of support." (There, that's from the actual letter.)

But, dear readers, I won't leave you with nothing. This is the letterhead from St. James's Palace and the envelope postmarked from Buckingham Palace. How. Cool. Is that?

3 comments:

erin said...

Wow I had no idea that they came on the same day. I feel so honored to be associated with your royal mail. :)

Laura Chapman said...

Wow, that is pretty awesome!!

Liz H. said...

this is so awesome!