As preposterous at it seems, in some ways, I am technically what they call "a grown-up." I don't see how, really, after being the youngest at everything my whole life. But now that children I used to babysit are married and have their own children, I'm starting to have that sinking feeling that it's true.
So, the other day, I decided to embrace my maturity and cook some peas to eat with my lunch. I felt quite grown-up doing this, because usually my lunches lean toward the "meat and cheese only" variety, whereas grown-ups customarily eat food that everyone knows is gross. Like peas.
It must have been during my self patting-on-the-back that I brought my hand down on the side of the dish, launching it into the air and spilling about half of the peas. This amused me for 2 reasons. One was that now I only had to eat half as many peas. The other was the irony that, in my attempt at maturity, I pretty much failed and instead reverted back to my infancy--by throwing my food on the floor.
6 months ago
1 comment:
Ha! Awesome entry. Peas are and always have been gross; I know that I avoid them. Every time we go to bed before 10, I ask Ken, "When did we become old boring people?" I'm not sure he appreciates that.
Post a Comment