Wednesday, July 23, 2008

There Are No Spoilers in What I'm About to Say

I saw The Dark Knight last night. And I can't stop thinking about it.

It was phenomenal. It was good at everything--the acting, the script, the music, the camera work, the costumes, the scenery...I don't often think about things like camera work, but it was impossible not to notice. So much has been said about The Joker, and every bit of it is justified. I was captivated by him. I won't say anything more about that right now, because I know some of you still haven't seen the movie; but when you do, let's talk.

I was actually nervous about going to see this movie, because I am a huge wimp and get scared at everything. But I only covered my eyes once the whole time; the rest, they were wide open. I'm not even sure I blinked. And my palms were sweating because I was so tense. It was great. When it was over, I wasn't spooked or afraid of the dark, and I didn't have any nightmares. So I'm glad I didn't pass on the opportunity.

And one other thing--there was no swearing, no sex, no immodesty; all these things that are pervasive in movies now, and this, the greatest of them all, recognized it didn't need any of that and left it out. One more reason to applaud.

1 comment:

mormonmovieguy said...

Truly one of my favorite movies ever. How are ya?