Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Turn it off, man! Turn it off!"

Some of you may recognize the quote I used as the title for this post. It's a line from Dana Carvey as Garth Algar in the classic film Wayne's World. The entire line is, "Turn it off, man! Turn it off! It's sucking my will to live!" (For those of you who care, as all of you should, Garth says this because they've placed on his head a "Suck-Cut," a new DIY hair-cutting machine that "sucks as it cuts.")

It's amazing how often I find occasion to utter this line, today being the most recent occurrence. In an attempt to do my job better, I took a class on Microsoft Access a couple of weeks ago. The class itself was fun, entirely due to the fact that my teachers were funny, very personable, and extremely good-looking young men. The material was not so fun, and now that I am trying to implement what I learned, I find myself often saying, "Turn it off. Turn it off. It's sucking my will to live."

Thanks to Garth, for expressing it better than I ever could.

1 comment:

Rebecca J said...

Ah, yes. Wayne's World is the movie that truly keeps on giving.