This year I thought I was all set for Halloween--we had our costumes planned for work, and my good friend, who shall remain nameless, was planning to have a party. I was stoked! I actually had plans! This never happens. Then one day, The Canadian decided NOT to have a party. "Why not?" I asked him. I think his reply was something like, "Meh. Don't feel like it." You're probably imagining my aggravation level shooting through the roof at this, and if so, your imagination is very accurate. So, there I was without plans for Halloween. I took matters into my own hands and enlisted the help of my friend Former Home Teacher #2. We brainstormed and came up with a great idea.
We decided to throw a carnival! He said he wanted to do the fishing game where you throw a fishing line over a sheet and pull back a prize, and I said I wanted to do a cake walk, so we went to the store and bought supplies. We had a blast picking out prizes and hurried home to set everything up. When our friends arrived, I realized that our plans had not included how we were going to start things off, so I started ad libbing and told everyone to close their eyes. I turned the lights off, and while FHT#2 climbed behind the sheet, I started going, "OoooooOOOOOOooooooooooh OOOOOooooooohhhh *sound of thunder* *various spooky noises*" while everyone else giggled. I turned the lights back on and informed everyone that the spirits had taken FHT#2 into the next realm, and we needed to fish him out. Everyone had several turns, and they each showed great delight at their prizes, which included Pez dispensers, a suction ball, one of those sticky slappy hand things you get out of those candy machines, and a staple remover. After everyone had had several turns, I leaned over the sheet and whispered that it should probably be the last round, and FHT#2 said, "Really? But I'm having fun!" Eventually we managed to seize him back from the other realm and moved on to the cakewalk.
I'm tired of typing, so to summarize the cakewalk, FHT#2 sat at the keyboard and made up music while the rest of us walked around the numbers. When he stopped, I rolled a die, and whoever was on the number got to choose a doughnut from the haunted box of treasures.
It ended up being a fantastic Halloween. We had so much fun, and I have a ton of doughnuts left. I don't know how I can ever top this.
P.S. If anyone needs a Pez dispenser, a sticky slappy hand thing, or a tiny fishing pole with magnetic fish, I can probably hook you up. (Haha! HOOK you up!)
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment