For a presentation I had to give in class, I read an article about children's drawings of their families. The researchers used the drawings to infer all sorts of things about these families, so I thought it would be fun to look at pictures drawn by children I actually know. You know--REAL kids. So I sent out a few requests and got one response, which was thrilling. It was perfect for my presentation, so I put it in, thinking that was good enough. Then last night I was working on my presentation, when I got an email from my wonderful and beloved sister-in-law, with an attachment of a picture drawn by my nephew of his family. Here it is:
I think this picture is precious. But even better is that a few seconds after it arrived, my phone rang. I answered, and a little 3 1/2-year-old voice said, "Hi Aunt [Miss Berrie]. I sent you a picture!" So, who cares about midterms and literature reviews and a PowerPoint presentation that won't play? I have an adorable nephew who loved me enough to call me and tell me that he sent me a picture. That's what matters.
4 comments:
This is a brilliant picture. I love how big everyone's eyes are here, and how Mark's hair sticks straight up. Those boys are really something!
Oh, I'm so glad somebody pulled through (since it wasn't me...). and this picture is precious! I love it!
Oh, this picture is more awesome than you think. I asked Monica if the two big figures were her and Mark, and she said, "Oh, no. That's JOHN and Mark." She's the little one with hair! Haha!
This is great. Don't you love nephews? I'm feeling a little extra love these days having a few of mine closer to me thank ever before.
I hope that even though school is stressful for you, that you're enjoying it. :)
Post a Comment