I love the show 24. I've seen all six seasons. I've attended multiple 24 marathons. I own copies of the 24-inspired movies made by my friends. I love this show. However, this season, I made a conscious decision not to start watching, because I know I don't have time to tune in every week, and I didn't want to get hooked (as I knew would immediately happen). So I stayed away.
But, as we all know, I have my weaknesses, and so since Monday was a holiday, I thought I could treat myself to one episode (Thanks, Martin Luther King, Jr.!). I did just like I used to when I'd shut and lock my door to keep out any and all distractions and settled down to see Jack do things his way. But it wasn't the same. I didn't know what was going on or who not to trust (besides everybody), so it was hard to feel any suspense. And there was one particular item in the episode that was treated matter-of-factly, but I know that when it was revealed in earlier episodes, it was a BIG SURPRISE. And I missed it.
So now I'm just confused, and I wish I knew what was going on in 24, but I know I'm not going to find out. I'm sorry, Jack. I have failed you.
6 months ago
1 comment:
Pssh!
Post a Comment