Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Maybe I Should Say "Slice" Instead

Usually by the time I get to bed, I don't have much trouble falling asleep. But the other night, I lay awake for quite some time, because I kept giggling! It was so dumb, and you'll see HOW dumb it was as soon as you find out why I was giggling.

Twice in the last week, on two separate occasions, the person I was talking to had the misfortune of informing me that he or she was good at "cutting cheese." (Hee hee! I'm already giggling!) My delight over this brought back a memory of an afternoon many years ago when I was helping my mom and my sister prepare lunch after church. Whatever we were making required lots of steps, so after finally getting through most of them, I loudly and proudly announced:

"I WILL NOW CUT THE CHEESE!"

(Still giggling.) My sister totally laughed at me, and I was quite embarrassed, as I apparently should have been, because, hey--I'M laughing at me. Aren't you?