People have mentioned to me lately that I haven't quite seemed myself. Part of that is the sometimes-overwhelming stress of school and work, but I think the biggest cause is that I have been extremely homesick for a while. I've been gone from home for a long, long time, and while it's been for a good purpose, it is starting to wear on me.
My brother and his wife welcomed a new baby into their family not long ago, but as I am so far away, I haven't met him yet. Everyone's been good about writing to me about him, but that doesn't quite take away the sting. You see, he's Baby #3 in their family, and I've always had a bit of a soft spot for that, having been Baby #3 in my family. So I was pretty darn excited about this little guy, and it kills me that he doesn't know who I am.
I could write volumes about the things I miss about my family (and maybe I will later), but for now, I will just be grateful that we have cell phones and email and webcams and airplanes to bring us as close as we can be right now, and hope that sometime soon, we won't even need those things to be together.
7 months ago
1 comment:
Aww, we miss you, too. Except you shouldn't feel too bad about Ryan not knowing who you are. He clearly doesn't know who I am either.
Post a Comment