Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Feel Like I Might Be Missing the Point

I saw this headline this morning: "America's Worst Lunches--And What You Should Eat Instead," and since it was about fast food, of course I read it. I love fast food! (Yeah, I said it. Jealous?) However, I think the authors have failed to meet their objectives in writing this article. Let me give you an example.

ARBY'S

Roast Turkey Ranch and Bacon Sandwich

  • 817 calories
  • 37 g fat (11 g saturated, 0.5 g trans)
  • 2,146 mg sodium

Calorie equivalent: Like eating 23 Thin Mints (one whole sleeve)!


I see that and think, "A turkey sandwich with ranch and bacon? TWENTY-THREE Thin Mints??"

Uh, hello? BEST. LUNCH. EVER.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahahaha. Twenty-three is one serving size, right? Oh, that's only in my world? Oh well:)

The Former 786 said...

Great.

Now I'm hungry.

*gets car keys and throws on a shirt and some shoes*