Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Virus Has Been Found!

(I hope the title to this post does not incite panic in the streets...)

Anyway, yesterday at work, my computer started sending me messages about a threat that had been detected in its inner workings. Usually when I get messages about the inner workings of my computer, I respond by clicking "Close." But before I did that, I checked with my wonderful brother-in-law who has the answers to all computer questions of the universe. He told me not to worry about it. So I did not! (Actually, first he said, "What websites are you browsing, woman?" Haha!)

Later in the afternoon, I got ANOTHER message, except this one was in RED, and it wouldn't let me close it. So I just double-checked with Big Tuna to be safe, and then kept trying to close the window. Each message was met with another message about the "threat," and finally ended with, "If you close this window now, you computer will not be protected!"

Really, guys? "You computer"? Here's my advice to all the evil-doers in the world:
If you're trying to trick someone, you can't be a bigger idiot than she is.

1 comment:

The Former 786 said...

It probably is some kind of malware or virus.

Run a couple of virus scans (make sure they're up to date) and you should be fine.

NOTE: Alt+F4 is your friend in these cases. That closes the window without you having to click on anything in the window. Sometimes that's exactly what they want you to do.