Do you ever recommend news articles or web pages to people? I think it's pretty common, and I do it from time to time (like in this post, which, if you haven't read, you must). But I was quite tickled by the thought of showing someone this article and saying, "I think you need to read this." Haha!
(Actually, some of you might benefit more from this article. I'm just saying.)
7 months ago
2 comments:
Hmm, turns out I'm incredibly boring. Uh oh.
OHHHH, MY GOSSHHHHH!!!!!!! Okay, so, I have the perfect example of conversation-stopping topics. I once met the wife of a friend of Karl's at a party, and while everyone was talking, she busted in with, "Oh, that's totally like my family! We're all like this, and we all do that, and talk like this, and we have a gazillion inside jokes about that, and we're stuck together like cat turds, and we never do anything outside of our own creepy inbred family circle, and we LOVE to talk about ourselves so as to KILL the last remaining shred of the conversation everyone else was having!"
Now. Funny anecdotes are great. Weird traditions are great. Little quirks listed briefly so others can list theirs, too, are great. But droning on about every possible reason why your family and all its inside jokes are superior to those of everyone else around you is NOT!!!
Okay. I'm done ranting. And my family freaking ROCKS!!!
(Just kidding.)
Post a Comment