Tuesday, July 13, 2010

At the Moment

For the past several weeks, I have been struggling to make progress with my capstone project for my master's degree. I have a few more weeks to go before, one way or another, it will be done. And I think it's going to be a struggle to the end.

I'm writing a grant proposal to fund a couple of programs for the people I did my practicum with. The problem is, since I did not design these programs or help figure out the budget, writing this proposal is a lot like trying to write a book report for a book you've never read. I know I've had hard projects in the past, but this is a different kind of not knowing what to do. It's a lot more like that nightmare when you show up to take a final and then realize you haven't been to class all semester.

So this is what consumes my thoughts most of the time these days. Occasionally the Black Belt manages to distract me long enough to remember that I get to marry him in the not-too-distant future, and I will go from "living nightmare" to "a dream come true." Between that and all of the support and prayers being sent my way, I have a lot to be grateful for.

No comments: