Monday, October 11, 2010

Interactive Blog: My Reading List

If there is anyone still reading this blog now that my writing frequency has slowed to a near grinding halt, I propose that we make this site a little more interactive. I'd like to hear from you! Plus, I need some help.

You'll notice a new feature on this page. I added My Reading List to share what books I have read recently. (Please take a moment to celebrate with me that there are no textbooks on this list! Hooray!) My family has been really into Alexander McCall Smith, so when I found myself done with school and the wedding and mostly setting up a new house, I thought, "Maybe I could read a book!" It's been so long since I've thought that, that I wasn't sure what books there are to even read these days. Since they'd enjoyed his books so much, I started there. And I have also thoroughly enjoyed what I've read so far.

But someday, I will run out of Alexander McCall Smith books to read, so I turn to you, readers of mine, to recommend other books I should read. Let's start with a few ground rules, though, ok? Please do not recommend to me that I should read Twilight. Thanks, that's enough rules for now. So, what good books have you read? Post a comment and let me know! (And if you're up for it, maybe even tell a little about the book and/or why you think I'd like it.)

3 comments:

alishka babushka said...

I think my favorite book is "Daughter of the Forest" by Juliet Marillier. It is the first of a series that I LOVE. Anything by her or Sharon Shinn is fabulous.

Rebecca J said...

I'll tell you what *not* to read first. Do not read anything by Nicholas Sparks because it'll make you want to gouge your eyes out. And don't read the Hunger Games trilogy, no matter how much other people rave about it. It's completely disturbing, and the love story is implausible. Bah.
Books I've liked recently: the Percy Jackson series, the Red Pyramid (also by Rick Riordan), Greg Mortenson's two books, and the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Think that's enough to get started?

Lynn said...

I just caught up on your last 2 posts. I wish I had some books to recommend, but I haven't been to the library in forever. I plan to change that. And when I find something good, I will let you know!

Also, the toilet story almost made me wet my pants. So funny that you got into the wrong car. Nate makes fun of me because when we take his car anywhere, I always go to the wrong car. If it's silver and shaped similar to his, I will go try to open the door to it. Luckily, I have never been successful at getting in like you were. I'm so glad you're blogging again!