I started out with high hopes for my Monday night. It's American Gladiators night! Of course I was excited. However, it looked like I wasn't going to have anyone to watch it with, so I went to Family Home Evening like I was supposed to. Our treats for the evening were homemade cinnamon rolls, which I brought home with me. I carried it carefully on a plate the entire car ride home, up the stairs, and into my apartment.
It was FREEZING outside, so when we got home, I burst into my apartment, screaming, to express...my coldness(?). This would've been fine, except standing in my living room were two people whose high opinions of me I would like to keep. Neither of them laughed; they just looked at me awkwardly. So, feeling a little foolish, I casually tossed my stuff onto the kitchen counter. (And by "stuff," I mean "my plate with the cinnamon roll on it.") The angle of my casual toss and the friction (or lack thereof) of the counter were just right so that my plate slid all the way across the counter, over the edge, and onto the floor, facedown, with a splat.
I yelled, "NOOOOO!" and dove onto the counter to try to save it, which meant that when the plate hit the ground, I was left hanging over the counter, listening to the heartless laughter of my friends, and mourning the loss of my cinnamon roll. And of American Gladiators.
7 months ago
4 comments:
You don't have much luck with cinnamon rolls, do you? Remember that time that I was going to make breakfast for us before General Conference and then I got sick and couldn't go? So, I left the cinnamon rolls in a bag on my door, and Scottie the Hottie picked up my apologetic note but not the bag of cinnamon rolls. Very sad.
Yes, I do remember that. Darn that Scottie the Hottie--he probably ate those himself! I hope my luck improves soon, because there's a pan of cinnamon rolls on my counter right now, supposedly rising so I can bake them for breakfast tomorrow!
I am sorry to hear that, first, I looked at you awkwardly. Perhaps it was my utter excitement and realization of the anticipation I had long felt for your arrival. Second, I am sorry to hear that my unintentional awkward look contributed to the ever-so-funny dumping of the yummy goodness. Even so, I heart you, and thoroughly enjoyed our talk that evening (even though you referred to me as "heartless").
Hey, I still ate the cinnamon roll. :)
Post a Comment