I have never had a blog. I've never wanted a blog. I can count with one hand tied behind my back the number of blogs that I read. But one day, I wrote a note on Facebook titled, "Things I might say if I had a blog." Since then, people have been telling me I should have a blog, and if I did, they would read it. I'll guess we'll see...
To begin, I thought I'd bring you the post that started it all, partly because it makes sense to do so, and partly because I'm pretty sure no one reads notes on Facebook anyway. Here we go:
Things I Might Say if I Had a Blog
*I really hate the bathroom on the 3rd floor. There are only three stalls, and naturally I don't want to take the middle one. The one closest to the door is, first of all, close to the door, and also there is a large gap in the stall door. No good. So, I always take the stall on the far end. However, the reason I don't like this bathroom is that the automatic air freshener was installed right in front of this stall, so upon exit, one is immediately assaulted with a face-full of pina colada essence. Not only do I not want a face-full of pina colada essence, but it's hard not to take the device's immediate action personally.
*I'm wearing knee-high socks today. It's very unlikely anyone would ever figure this out on their own, but I still feel shame.
*I just started rereading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I've read it at least five times already. I recently finished my third (or fourth--can't remember) reading of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and it was amazing. When I first read Deathly Hallows, I was secretly unsatisfied, and my second reading did little to appease me. However, this last reading was AMAZING. I couldn't put it down, and I shivered, laughed, and cried throughout the entire thing, even though I knew exactly what was going to happen. Since then, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. For example, this morning when my anti-lock brakes kicked in, I felt like Harry Potter when his wand acts of its own accord against Lord Voldemort in their flight to Ted Tonks' house. With my new, deeper understanding of some of the details woven through the plot, I've gone back to read Half-Blood Prince. And I'm so excited!
*I have to explain my status that says "Carrie is hecho in Canada." I saw the phrase "hecho in Canada" on a bag of frozen hash browns, right under the phrase "made in Canada," and I thought it was funny that they felt this was such important information that they had to note it in two languages.
*I am way into American Gladiators. This could be partially because I've been watching it with highly entertaining people, but that doesn't quite explain why I spent part of yesterday reading NBC's American Gladiators website. I could write an entire post on my feelings about the show, but I won't. Just know that I'm a big fan.
6 months ago
3 comments:
I think I would like to reread the Harry Potter series, starting at the beginning. Have you done that before?
Yes. Several times. I've done it before the fifth, sixth, and seventh book releases, and a few times in between, just for fun.
The Office, being funny, Harry Potter...how many more things do we have in common? I read Deathly Hallows three times last year, in addition to re-reading the whole series. Fiction at its best. I hope I can always find my way into your blog.
Post a Comment