Background: My friend Hot Pants does this thing where, as a sign of friendship, she goes up to people and holds up her hand in a half-heart shape and says, “Complete the heart.” Then the other person is supposed to make the shape with his or her hand and hold it up next to hers to form a heart. It’s very bonding.
Story: Last night at Family Home Evening, Hot Pants was having a conversation with The Canadian. She said something smart-alecky to him, so he started pouting. She said, “I’m just kidding! I still love you!” and when he wouldn’t perk up, she pulled out her most powerful artillery of love and said, “Complete the heart.” The Canadian looked at her for a beat with no apparent expression. Then he reached out toward the imaginary half-heart, grabbed it, and took a bite out of it.
I instantly lost it. Have you ever seen the part on the film festival episode of The Simpsons where they show “Man Getting Hit By Football,” and Homer goes into hysterics? That was kind of how I was after The Canadian did the heart thing. The man is a professional comedian, and I laughed harder at that than anything else I’ve ever seen him do. I am just that cool.
1 comment:
Half an hour? I believe that Hot Pants received a text message at least 2 hours later that said, "I want you to know that I just laughed about [the Canadian] and the heart thing for another ten minutes." Half an hour, my eye!
Post a Comment