Seriously, don't tell me. And I can't watch it today at lunch, because I'm going to a training meeting for Stadium of Fire, so I have to wait till tomorrow.
"But, Miss Berrie," you might say. "What could have kept you from watching American Gladiators?" Well, the answer, of course, is that I was at a sack lunch auction. And even though I'm sure everyone immediately understands what a sack lunch auction is, I'll explain. Every girl at the activity was told to bring a sack lunch "for two." We put them all on a table and didn't give any indication of whose they were. The Canadian was the auctioneer (who's surprised?), and the boys had to bid cans of food for the sack lunches (as in, they'd say, "I'll donate 10 cans of food for that meal."). Then they were to eat the sack lunch with the girl who'd made it. I went into it with many concerns, such as, "What if no one bids on my meal? What if someone wins mine and then is disappointed that they have to eat with me? What if there are too many guys? What if there are too many girls? And WHY are all the bees dying??" (Ok, the last one didn't have to do with the auction, but I am very concerned about the bees.)
It turned out okay, though, because there weren't any really obvious favorites among the lunches (meaning that it's not like all the guys were fighting over one girl's meal while the rest of us sat there feeling horribly rejected). The guy who won mine actually won two lunches, so I got to eat with him and my friend Mel, so it was quite fun. And, I have to say, my meal was really tasty! I made chicken bacon ranch wraps and mini cheesecakes, and included chips and drinks. Here's the recipe for the wraps. They're especially tasty when you use Hidden Valley Ranch with Bacon!
9 months ago
2 comments:
I totally called chicken bacon ranch wraps. I am the bomb.
It's true. I did get the idea from you. I fully acknowledge that you are the bomb.
Post a Comment