The other night, I got invited to dinner by Home Teacher #1 and (Former) Home Teacher #2, which is awesome. The Canadian, Aunt Giraffe, and B were also in attendance. After we ate, Home Teacher #1 busted out his Nintendo Wii so he and Aunt Giraffe could have a boxing face-off. She was quickly pounded, and I thought, "Man, I'm glad I'm not playing."
I am terrible at video games. As a kid, we didn't have a Nintendo--just a Gameboy. Don't get me wrong--the Gameboy rocked. We took it on car trips and were entertained for hours. But I wasn't good at any of the games. On the Mario game we had, I'd hand it over to my brother to get me past the hard parts, and then I always had to stop at a certain level, because it got too difficult after that. So I've always known that video games are not a talent of mine, and usually I just watch other people play and laugh at them when they die. Or in Aunt Giraffe's case, get wailed on by her boxing opponent.
They moved on to tennis, and I think after a couple of rounds, Home Teacher #1 handed his controller over to me. I didn't want to be LAME and say, "Oh no, I'll just watch," so I took the controller, fully expecting to lose spectacularly. However, the Nintendo Wii is a very, very user-friendly game, as evidenced by the fact that I won several games of tennis that evening. Woohoo!
7 months ago
1 comment:
First off, I'm glad that your nickname for me isn't "Aunt Giraffe." Second, we should do Wii bowling sometime. Easiest game ever!
Post a Comment