I was looking forward to last night for a long time. Why? Because last night was the premiere of the second season of American Gladiators, of course! I was honestly and truly counting down the days till it came on. I was mostly excited because last season's winners were slated to come back as gladiators, and I really wanted to see how they did. Apparently the producers anticipated this, because in the commercials for the season premiere, they showed shadows of the new gladiators and totally hyped their appearance--it worked. I was hyped.
I was not disappointed. Part of the fun is that I watch the show with Home Teacher #1 and Home Teacher #2, who are at least as I excited as I am about it. We clapped and cheered and hoo-hah'd for the entire two hours. We applauded our old friends Monica and Evan, last year's champions who have returned as Jet and Rocket. Evan was amazing on The Wall last season, and Home Teacher #1 said over and over, "Can you imagine him coming back as a gladiator and competing in The Wall??" Well, last night, Rocket was unveiled to compete in The Wall. We erupted into cheers and watched in awe as he zoomed up the wall and caught his opponent. Hoo-hah! How can anyone not like this show??
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment