Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Two Current Favorite Texts

In this post, I introduced everyone to a website where you can go to learn important things, such as: How many 5-year-olds can you take in a fight? Or would you make a good human shield? (Answer: No.) Another of those quizzes tells the value of your dead body. My friend BJ told me his is worth $5,325. Later I took the same quiz, and the following text conversation took place:

Me: My dead body is worth $100 more than yours. :-) However, now that I think about it, that's not particularly comforting.
BJ: You better hope I don't need $5,425 any time soon.

My other favorite text is from The Canadian. As background to this, he hates--HATES--the show Two and a Half Men. I rarely seem him get riled up, but he does at the mere mention of that program. Because of that (and because the show is incredibly stupid and I have no desire whatsoever to do so), I've never watched it. However, one evening recently, I went to the kitchen to make dinner, and B was sitting on the couch...watching Two and a Half Men. The following text conversation took place:

Me: I'm being forced to watch Two and a Half Men because [B] is watching it in the living room, and I'm in the kitchen making dinner.
The Canadian: Your new orders: Must. Kill. [B]. Then resume making dinner.

No comments: