Friday, June 6, 2008

Pajama Pants Summon Friends to Girl's Side

Last night I was feeling kind of sad. I went home after work and was home alone with nothing to do and nothing to take my mind off the fact that I was sad. I decided that it was a perfect opportunity to go to bed early, because I haven't been getting enough sleep, and I've been incredibly tired. I usually put off changing into my pj's and taking off my makeup, because I just know that as soon as I do, a cute boy, or large group of people, or large group of cute boys will immediately arrive at my door, demanding to see me. (I know this, because it has happened. One especially memorably time was when Incredibly Hot Former Home Teacher showed up after I'd washed my face for the evening. When I saw that it was he who had knocked, I immediately flipped off the lights and said, "Aaaah! I don't have any makeup on!" Another time, it was The Canadian who showed up just as I was getting out of the shower. Yeah. No makeup, AND wet hair. Awesome.)

Anyway, last night I felt like it was a pretty safe bet that no one was going to call and propose any activities or anything, but just in case, I decided not to wash my face. I just went for the pj's. As I was stepping into the second leg of my pajama pants, I heard a text message arrive on my phone. I finished dressing and then checked it. Sure enough, it was Former Home Teacher #2 asking if I wanted to come over and watch a movie.

I deliberated for about half a second, then changed back into my real clothes and went over and watched the movie. I was the only one in the room who hadn't seen it, so everyone else started laughing as soon as each scene opened, rather than after the punchlines, which may have been annoying under normal circumstances, but last night, I was glad for the laughter and the company of such fun people.

No comments: