Yesterday when I left church, I thought, "I have nothing planned for the rest of the day. This could be a very boring, lonely day." But don't worry--I filled the afternoon with a 2 1/2 nap. I put a lasagna in the oven, planning to eat by my onesies, but then I found out BJ was planning to eat chocolate and Ramen for dinner, so I twisted his arm into joining me. That was way more fun than eating alone.
Later that night, I went to my neighbors' apartment for games and Rice Krispie treats. We played Apples to Apples, and I schooled everyone. Apparently I have some pretty awesome powers of persuasion. This went two ways, though. When I was judging for the card "Responsible," someone played the "Michael Jackson" card, which I immediately discarded. Then DJ Freak with the White Streak said, "He's responsible for something..." And that was it. I was convinced.
People were bitter that I was winning, but they continued to fall victim to my mind games. I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't win the "Scary" card, though. My answer was "Crawl Spaces." I lost to the "Alfred Hitchcock" card, which I agree, is a good answer. However, I almost talked Former Home Teacher #2 into picking my card over the other one, and that would've been sweet indeed.
After that, Hot Ken and DJ Freak left, but the rest of us remained and were joined by The Canadian for the game Curses. I learned some new things about myself: 1.) I cannot do a convincing Scooby Doo voice (which is not surprising). 2.) I get a horrible headache after clenching my jaw for even a few minutes. I'm still suffering from that one, actually. The boys rocked this game, though. The Canadian wowed us all with his dance moves and amazing vocals. Home Teacher #1 not only remembered all his curses perfectly; he did them with flair. After being doomed to talk like a pirate, make animal noises when he drew a card, and have his arms reduced to being 1-inch long (he looked like Apu when he thinks he's a hummingbird), he was cursed to try to grab the card away from each person who was drawing. So when Former Home Teacher #2 drew his new card, Home Teacher #1 bounded towards him, looking like a tyrannosaurus rex, prompting Former Home Teacher #2 to run into the kitchen and around the table in circles. And speaking of Former Home Teacher #2, he had to talk in several voices (Count Dracula, a drill sargeant, and a wicked witch), stand up and bow any time anyone clapped, scratch himself when anyone made an animal noise, and hold up bunny ears any time he spoke. He looked completely insane by the end of the game.
I was not sad that I'd lost spectacularly and could simply sit and watch the others' indignity.
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment