With the move out of my own private office back into the main area, I knew the biggest drawback was going to be having to share other people's noise. Now, every morning when I come in, I have to listen to the ladies across the wall from me catching up on last night's news. Unsurprisingly, recent conversation has centered around the Olympics. Here are some tidbits that I've overheard:
"I love watching that guy they show during gymnastics--Bela something?"
"Oh yeah, that Russian guy?"
"Wasn't he Nadia's coach?"
"Oh, probably."
"Did you see that cute little girl win last night? What's her name? Shawn...."
"Shawn Johnson?"
"Yeah, Shawn Williams. I was so glad she won. That other girl was so frowny."
"Did you see the women win their volleyball game?"
"Yes. They looked like they were wearing underwear."
"I know! I don't know WHY they have to wear that."
"You can't tell me they have to."
During these beginning-of-the-day conversations, I plug in my headphones and drown out everything else. Some people can't start the day without coffee; I can't start my day without iTunes.
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment