Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Have Seen Dan in Real Life

I have to state something for the record. I have seen the movie Dan in Real Life. I wanted to see that movie from the minute I heard about it (which was months before it actually came out). I'm a huge Steve Carell fan; of course I wanted to see it. When it got closer to the release, I kept telling people how much I wanted to see it. I was met with indifference. It seemed most people I knew hadn't heard of it or didn't care about seeing it. Luckily, my faithful friend BJ (faithful to me and faithful to Steve Carell) wanted to see it, so we went on Thanksgiving, a few weeks after the movie was released.

Weeks later, when Dan in Real Life hit the dollar theaters, suddenly people wanted to go see it. Dozens of people told me about this great movie they'd just seen and told me I "HAD TO GO SEE IT." When the DVD came out in July, the same thing happeend. Even almost a year later, people still ask me if I have seen Dan in Real Life.

YES. YES, I have seen Dan in Real Life. I probably saw it before you did. And yes, I enjoyed it. Thank you for the recommendation.

1 comment:

The Former 786 said...

But have you seen it with Spanish subtitles. . .?

I thought not.