Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Fun

I had a great weekend. It was simply fantastic. I didn't do anything earth-shattering, but I keep smiling to myself over different memories of it.

On Thursday night (which, I realize, is not exactly the weekend, but it started the fun), I went to ComedySportz with some friends. My good friend and former DC cast member Will Rubio was playing that night, and it was great to see him. The show was a LOT of fun--one of the best Yellow #2 shows I've been to. After that we went to my friend's apartment for ice cream. The Canadian and his roommates Hot Ken and DJ Freak with the White Streak were there, and as usual, hilarity ensued.

On Friday night I went to Cracker Barrel with a bunch of friends to celebrate Former Home Teacher #2's birthday. We tried to embrace as fully as possible the classy atmosphere that is found at Cracker Barrel. I think we succeeded. I ordered the fried chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and friend okra. You know it's a good meal when everything you're eating has gravy on it. FHT#2 wanted to take a group shot, so he kept waiting for the waitress to come back to ask her if she'd take one. Then when he saw her coming, he got a panicked look on his face, shoved my camera into the hands of Incredibly Hot Former Home Teacher, and said, "You ask her! I'm too nervous!" So precious. After dinner we went back to their apartment and sat in various sprawling positions while our food digested. It was good times.

Saturday night was stake conference, but before that, I went to dinner with my roommate B. I wanted to take her out to thank her for being so nice to me during my LASIK recovery, so we went to Johnny Carino's (one of my favorites). However, the wait was 40 minutes when we got there, and we didn't have that long, so we just found the girl who takes the curbside to-go orders and ordered from her. We had our food within ten minutes, and we ate it in the backseat of B's car. We made it back for stake conference and had a wonderful meeting.

Even though we had to change our clocks that night, I was still elated on Sunday morning when I remembered that I didn't have to get up and go to work. It was blessed to stay in bed. I eventually got up and made it to stake conference, where The Canadian had so kindly saved seats for us so we didn't have to sit on the hard plastic chairs in the back. When I sat down, Hot Ken told me that I'd been put in charge of treats for the meeting and asked where my ziploc bag of Cheerios was. The Canadian piped in and told me I also should've brought a cloth quiet book to keep them entertained. B pointed out that the kid in front of us was playing with Legos, and I suggested to the boys that they just steal his. A few minutes later, the woman in front of us turned around holding out a ziploc bag full of Werther's Originals, and she said, "I don't have a quiet book, but you're welcome to have some treats." We all burst out laughing, and admittedly, took a few candies. Sitting by those boys during stake conference was wildly entertaining, and the meeting was very spiritually enlightening as well, so all-around a good experience.

Now it's Monday. And I'm back at work. *sigh*

No comments: