I'm a student again. I was ten minutes late to my first class last week (Good job, Miss Berrie!), so off to a good start. As with any first day of school, much of the time was spent going over the syllabi and expectations for the classes. (Um, and why is my spell-check saying "syllabi" is not a word? I'm having enough problems without it being a punk.) I think I'm going to like my teachers and the subject material and the other students. But I thought that once I attended class and saw what it was going to be like, I'd feel reassured about this whole "graduate school" thing.
Not so, my friends. I went to the library last night to read, and I noticed that I was supposed to write a summary of one of the articles. I could barely get through the whole thing without wanting to curl up into a ball; how am I supposed to write about what it says? If I hadn't been giving The Canadian a ride, I probably would've cried the whole way home.
7 months ago
2 comments:
Welcome to Graduate School! As I tell people all the time, it's a meat grinder. You'll learn way more about who you are (maybe you won't - maybe I was a late bloomer) and you'll work your butt off and in the end it'll be worth it. Just keep reading, just keep reading, just keep reading, reading reading ;)
Hey Lady-
Grad school can be rough...I'm amazed your brother still wanted to marry me through it all ;)
You'll make it...just hang in there (easier said than done sometimes), but I know you can do it!! We love you and are there for you. I survived the reading by munching my way through ;) Cheese-it's were the best!
Post a Comment