Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Having That Kind of Day!

One of my favorite Fresh Ink greeting cards has a photo of a cat lounging on a sofa, and the caption says, "You just think, 'I'd love a tuna sandwich,' and someone brings you a tuna sandwich." The inside of the card says, "Have that kind of day."

WELL. Today I walked by a guy in my office who was eating a really good-looking sandwich. It was the kind with big puffy bread and lots of meat and toppings. I didn't bring much of a lunch today, so I was seriously coveting that sandwich.

About an hour later, my boss walked in and said, "Does anybody want a sandwich?" She held out a plate, on which there was the same kind of sandwich! She'd been over to the same luncheon the other guy had been and brought back food, so I got to have one after all! This might be the best thing that's happened to me all week.

No comments: